Saturday 31 August 2013

Blogger's Brunch

Last Thursday I finally met up with two of my favourite bloggers, Ibbs and Emily, super close to home in Cambridge.
We went to Bill's, a restaurant that I had never been to before, but read lots of good blog posts on so was keen to try.
Annoyingly, I was late, but the girls ordered for me and luckily, the food came just after I arrived.
The best bit about eating with bloggers?
Totally normal to take photos of your food!


And Instagram it as well, obviously.


 Ibbs went for the Bill's breakfast, with sausage, fried eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, smoked bacon, toast and bubble and squeak. 


Em went for scrambled eggs on toast with salmon.



And I went for the Bill's vegetarian breakfast.
I am not a vegetarian, but I easing myself into the world of eggs, up until a few months ago I wouldn't eat them (stuff like cakes doesn't count because I can't see them)
My eggs were poached (my fave) served on two slices of toast, one with guacamole and one with red pepper hummus, with mushrooms and fried tomatoes, drizzled with sweet chili.


It sounds like a weird combination, but it ticked every single tickable box and I intend to recreate it.
I have a confession, I haven't ever eaten a proper, full English breakfast, I've had bits of it, but this is the best I've ever had and appeals way more than the norm.


As we walked out, I snapped lots of pictures of the decor, which is probably one of the things that Bill's is known for.
I didn't realise until after, but these chalkboards had recipes on them:




It's full of interesting knick knacks, most of which you can buy. Cool is an overused word, but for lack of a better one, it's a really cool restaurant.



I am defo coming back here ready to buy some pots of excitingness!


After brunch we sat and talked for a couple of hours, then Emily showed Ibbs and I the sights of Cambridge!


It's so fun meeting bloggers, I forgot that I hadn't actually met these girlies in person before and it felt like I had known them for ages, plus no bizarre "what are you doing?!" looks when you whip out your camera and snap a picture of some eggs!

6 comments:

  1. Did you get a new camera?? Love the photos what are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh was so lovely meeting you too Lottie! Definitely have to do it again soon!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have the vegetarian breakfast, didn't even know they did it until now! Sounds like a lovely day in a beautiful place!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww so jealous, must so another soon, I'd love to finally meet you and see the others again, Bills is so good!!!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so adorable! And that food looks amazing, goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...