Sunday 25 August 2013

Aldeburgh Carnival Part 2

After coming back from the shops some of the boys got a bit peckish, and seeing as I was the only girl in the house at that time, one of them asked me "Lottie, please can you make us something?"
I had a look in the fridges and one thing was for sure, we had a lot of bacon.
Bacon sandwiches it was!

 

A few hours later we decided it was about dinner time, and even though I was completely full, I wouldn't say no to pizza, who says you have to be hungry to eat?

 
This genuinely is one of my favourite foodie places, apart from "PIZZA", I don't really think they have a name, but they often have a stall in my local town's market place, after spying them stone baking pizzas on request and it only taking a maximum of 4 mins to actually get that pizza from a ball of dough into a delicious stone baked pizza gripped between your hands, it's the ultimate fast food, sorry McDonald's.


Plus you get to see them make it, I'm nosy so I think this is a big plus.

 

Josh went for his favourite, ham and pineapple.


And I went for my favourite (and Josh's worst nightmare because he detests mushrooms), ham and mushroom.
The staff were really acomodating and didn't put any cheese on mine, thank goodness!


Then some of us couldn't hold on for the 1 minute walk back to the house..


But when we were back, we feasted.
  

  Because the house was rented, and because there were so many of us staying there, glasses and drink containers became limited. I did spy Bridie drinking wine out of a tea cup, but Josh , G and Charlie had better ideas, Pinterest eat your heart out, they used jars.



After we finished our pizzas and drinks, we made our way out onto the beach.
As it gets dark the town takes part in another parade, only this time there's no dress up, you each have a lantern, you start in the town centre and finish on the beach. I used to do it every year when I was younger but we had forgotten about it until everyone turned up at the beach with their lanterns.


I was seriously kicking myself for not bringing my Canon with me, but it would have got broken, so these will have to do!



After everyone arrives at the beach there's a beautiful firework display.
These big ones are my favourite, the ones that sneak into the sky quietly, then explode with a loud bang!





Then last but not least, we ended up at the fairground to go on Rock City.
Yes, I know, it may be over priced and tacky, but it's my favourite ride and so so so much fun!!




 I just wish I hadn't have had to come home the day after!!




10 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had fun! Haha, drinking coke from jars, seriously? How inventive is that!
    The lantarns at the beach must be such a beautiful moment. When I see all your pictures while having fun, I kinda hoped I was there...

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, became very handy when all the glasses went missing!!
      So beautiful! xx

      Delete
  2. Ah looks like you had a blast! Love the fireworks and the lanterns. I'm always forgetting my Nikon when I need it most!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My camera is too bulky for my bag anyway, how annoying ! x

      Delete
  3. Oh no way!? Lanterns on the beach... It sounds like something that should be in Thailand not Aldeburgh!
    Oh don't worry, I always have the nightmare of forgetting my camera at the worst moments!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like such a fun trip! and that pizza... oh my goodness. i'm hungry!

    partyatgatsbys.me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post and the last look sooooo fun! I'd love to live near a beach for those evenings, sounds & looks so pretty!xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...