Monday 19 August 2013

Barnage 2013

This weekend one of my best friends sent me a text inviting me to one of her parties, the day before it happened, thanks El, a little short notice but often unplanned things are more fun!
Just as I hopped into the car to go, Ellie replied to my text of "What are you wearing?" with "Red and yellow, lifeguard."
It turns out she had forgotten to tell me a crucial detail... The party was beach themed, thanks El.
After dithering about wearing her dad's red swimming trunks we found an old mermaid costume (aged 7-8 years) that I jokingly put on, a strategically placed bandeau and 2 pairs of pants (I wasn't up for risking flashing) later, I was wearing the mermaid costume to the party, I wish I was joking.



Fake tan was liberally applied..


Then there were pictures..


And of course, mirror selfies..


I had actually come earlier and seen everything before the mess began, the bar was put up in one of the stables and it looked so nice with all the fairy lights, until everyone arrived!


Look how cool the DJ stand was! One of Ellie's sister's friends works as a DJ so he was roped in to do the music.



There where lots to do, apart from drinking and dancing, Ellie and I were the first on the racing inflatable where you had to race each other but tied with elastic to the back wall.


Later on, one of the elastics broke and one of the boys went flying through the curtained wall!


Behind the house was the campsite, there were so many tents that it looked like a mini festival, who needs V?


In the middle of the campsite were sumo wrestling suits and a map, obviously Ellie and I had to have a go..



But getting in and standing up was a challenge in itself!





When we did manage to get up, Ellie floored me almost immediately.


And it turned out it was her just being good, ahem, not me being weak.



Apres fighting, we went over to where the main party was looking for some grub, in one of the stables two mums were busy making paella for us all, just look how enormous it was!!


It wasn't quite done, so Ellie and I lended our tastebuds and helped out for a bit.




This "bit" turned into a "while" but it meant we were first in line when it was done, despite already having eaten our weight in it when we were "just tasting".





In the main area there was another fighting inflatable, you had to whack each other off the podium.


I didn't get a picture of Ellie completely destroying me on the podium, obviously I let her win, but I don't think I lasted 30 seconds on there.


Sorry about the poor quality of the photos, I only had my iPhone because I didn't want to take my baby (new camera) with me and risk it getting damaged!

5 comments:

  1. This looks like such a good party! I love the idea of a paella at a party tooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Looks awesome!

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah looks like you had an amazing time!! I still can't believe you wore the mermaid costume haha looks great though!

    Also, I thought the photos were great - just shows sometimes you can't even tell!!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun partay, I totally love the DJ booth!
    And kudos to you for wearing that mermaid costume :)
    x x x

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...