Wednesday 7 August 2013

Simple Avo Toastie

This is one of my favourite no-fuss lunches.
I've posted about avocados before, many a time infact, I love them and I keep seeing all of these American bloggers on Bloglovin' with avocado trees in their garden which makes me insanely jealous, I adore my simple, easy guacamole which literally only consists of avo, salt and tabasco (something that I think is sent from the gods) and there's nothing more that I'd like than to be inundated with avocados because then I could have an endless, virtually free, supply of these!
It's unbelievably simple and I don't think this even qualifies as a recipe, but there we go!
 

All you'll need for 1 person is:
1 tortilla wrap (ideally I'd use wholemeal because that's my favourite but we only had white.)
Half an avocado
Pinch of salt
Tabasco

A bake o glide to put on top of your hotplate.

Pop your wrap on top of the hot plate and squash the avo on to half of the wrap.
Sprinkle with salt, add a few shakes of tabasco (depends if you like it spicy, I'm not a huge fan of spicy food but tabasco makes avocado for me!)
 

..Fold in half
(This is a challenging post, I know)


 Flip it over..


 Cut into triangles and tuck in!


Just writing this makes me want another one,
 

Deliciously toasted, hot tortilla, with creamy, spicy avocado filling, mmm scrummy!


 Sadly, the last triangle is always the best triangle!


Kind of like a cheeseless, healthy quesadilla?

7 comments:

  1. I don't have a hot plate...could I dry heat a frying pan? Is that a silly question...
    Also, is it weird that I love spicy food but for some reason I'm not enjoying tabasco...

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shouuld work just fine Nichola!
      Try cayenne? Xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE avocado. and it is a recent romance, so anything with avocado for me is still a bit of a novelty. Definitley having one with my dinner tonight!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog ||

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean- they used to make me gag, but now our romance has blossomed into something delicious!
      Tweet me how it goes Teffy xx

      Delete
  3. Is that an Aga with bake-a-glide that I see?? Literally the best invention ever!
    Seriously craving avocados now... Might even slide in some cheeky bacon... :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha busted!!! Simple techniques just work so well!
      Oh lordy you're onto something there X

      Delete
  4. Ditto Emily, I would SO totally sneak in some naughty bacon or other protein to bulk it up!
    x x x
    Totally loving how complex yet glorious this recipe is :D

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...