Friday 9 August 2013

Lost On The Heath

Josh and I thought we'd take Josh's dog Poppy for a walk over Dunwich Heath.
It's such a large piece of land and we walked at least 10 miles in and out of woodland and heather (and kept an eye out for any lucky white heather).




Some were keener than others...



When you get inside the woods itself, it's filled not only with oaks, but these enormous trees that grow straight up like bean poles.



Here's a size comparison for you, midget Lottie vs Trees.



I wore my new favourite things ever, my Levi shorts from Beworn.
Not only do they not show any cheek like my Topshop ones (not a fan of that, thank you very much) but they're cheaper and comfier too!


We found a stream trickling through the forest, I think it looks like a fairy land..


But then a little further up I found a log that went across the stream, and obviously I had to have a climb..


Whilst I clambered, Josh stayed on dry land with the camera ready to snap a picture of me if I fell in.


Which I didn't (I think J secretly hoped I would), the inelegant moves I executed kept me dry and we continued on our walk.


..Mid dance..


Now, I didn't stay this much of a happy chappy for long, because leading off the main paths are little exciting and inviting looking trails just waiting to be explored.


 And as beautiful as it might be, unless you know exactly where they come out, you could be walking around the wood for a very, very long time.


 Anyway, I pursuaded Josh that this would be a good idea, 2 and a half hours, 2 blisters, 1 grumpy/hungry/thirsty girlfriend and labrador later, after going a bit "Wuthering Heights" and roaming the heath for several hours, we were back at the car. 
Luckily, we both now see the funny sides and the silver linings but at the time I was not amused.

8 comments:

  1. Ha sounds like such a fun day. Minus the blisters and getting extremely lost! Love the woods, they really are magical aren't they?

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical but I expect a little creepy at night! X

      Delete
  2. Ahhh this sounds very familiar to DofE, it isn't half creepy when you get lost and have no phone signal isn't it?!
    Atleast the phones were stunning and you made the most of it!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrifying, Josh kept saying he knew the way... He didn't xxx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great trip (ignoring the blisters and lack of food, that is) :) Your photos are really beautiful!

    xx
    Camilla
    kapteinmoe.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha we've all been there Lottie, I remember dragging my sister out on a walk one day....only to find us totally the other side of town with a several hour trek round the ring road to get us safely back home......THANK GOD granny popped over just in time with tea and cakes
    x x x

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not best impressed with Josh's directions and the only food in the car was a warm nectarine! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...