Saturday 17 August 2013

Insanely-delicious-smelling Brownies

A few days ago I was pottering about in the kitchen and had just bunged a baking tin into the oven when Josh sniffed the air and asked what it was, after I told him I heard him say to himself "Oh-my-God, yay, I love those brownies!"
Exactly the response I wanted, and for once I'm not being sarcastic.


I'll be honest, this wasn't a planned blog post and going by the smell (which should be bottled up and sold, in my opinion) and everyone who tried them and Josh's reactions, I knew I had to post it.
190g butter
190g dark chocolate
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract 
250g caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt


Melt your chocolate together with the butter and stir until it goes all silky and smooth and delicious looking.
Add the eggs one at a time or it will go all egg whitey and jelly like (learn from my mistakes).
Add the vanilla, sugar and salt then finally fold in the flour.


I pop this in the oven for about half an hour and it shouldn't be jiggly and wiggly in the middle, UNLESS you like your brownies slightly gooey, but if you want them dense and fudgy, go for 30 mins.
Now, my oven isn't entirely accurate because I don't know what temperature it goes on at, hot is all I know, so go for 180 celcius until it's un-jiggly!


Second best thing about these brownies, apart from smelling like a big warm cuddle, is that if you use this flour (I'm not getting anything out of this, I just love their flour and I love brownies) they're gluten free... Tremendous!


A dairy-free, gluten-free version is currently in the works.

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing!!! I am going to make it my personal quest to find THE best Chocolate Brownie recipe. This one will be next on my hit list ;)

    Beautiful pictures too Lottie :)

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is about brownies but I can never seem to bake good ones, I may have to just employ you instead to be my chief Brownie maker in life :)
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...