Tuesday 27 August 2013

A Night Of Over-Eating

Last night Maisie and I went round Charlotte's for dinner, as you know, I like to eat lots, so this was perfect because, once again, I ended up in pain and with a stitch from eating too much. Thank goodness I was wearing leggings. 


Char gave us sushi to start, I could live off sushi and I think that I could cope with being vegetarian if I got to eat sushi all of the time, but only if I was allowed fish sushi too.


 This picture makes me seriously want some sushi..


We had an enormous bowl of my favourite things in the whole world.
They're not a new discovery to me but Tesco sell frozen soy beans, and when these little babies are defrosted they taste exactly like edamame beans which is because edamame are basically young or baby soy beans! They're only £1.60 for all of these!!
I just defrost them by running them under hot water, sprinkle salt on, then scoff away!




For the main, we had cajun chicken with roasted veggies
We marinaded diced chicken breast in a cajun spice mix that we found in Char's cupboard, organised, then pan fried it until it was cooked.
For the veggies we cut up 3 carrots, 1 pepper and 2 red onions into chunks, drizzled in olive oil and seasoned, then popped them in an oven at 200 celcius for about 40 mins.




Whilst Maisie sorted out her pudding, I looked out of the window..
Charlotte has 49 ducks.
49.



Maisie did poached pears in spiced red wine, I'm going to recreate this soon, so I'll save the recipe, it was so so nice, and I don't even like pears but I loved them in this,. it would be the perfect wintery pudding because it tastes just like mulled wine!!

 
My offering was red velvet brownies, someone told me this week that they were the best brownies that they'd ever tasted. Woohoo!!



We also freezed three bananas, added 3 dessert spoonfuls of cocoa powder and 1 of peanut butter, blended them and had dairy free ice cream, we didn't have much of this because by now we were in pain!


We spent the rest of the evening sat talking in the bathroom (?!), going through Char's wardrobe (I needed to borrow some clothes) and even more talking, I'm going to miss them big time when I go to uni!

7 comments:

  1. This evening looks lovely, I'm such a fan of sushi & everything else looks delicious too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh I love poached pears especially in the winter! looks like a lovely evening- I know what you mean- everyone seems so far away at uni! xxx

    www.katieskitchenjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're defo going to be something I make again!!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a very fun night and with lots of nice food! I am craving those brownies right now, mmhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I don't do follow for follow but I'll check it out! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so good- and im freaking out about your edamame soy bean find.. I eat them every day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...