Thursday 29 August 2013

Stuffed Aubergine

Stuffed vegetables are one of my favourite autuminal meals, stuffed marrow, stuffed pepper, oh heaven!
Last night I cooked my mum and I dinner, and I did stuffed aubergine.
Except, it wasn't really stuffed, it was more piled high with Bolognese deliciousness!




For 2 for dinner, or 4 for lunch:
2 aubergines
Salt & pepper
A little olive oil
Stuffing (Bolognese is best, but ratatiolle with mozzarella could work equally well!)

Preheat your oven to about 200 celcius, split the aubergines in half, score them in a criss-cross kinda way, lightly drizzle with oil (not too much because aubergines have a tendancy to soak up any oil when it's about and you don't want it slimy) and season with S&P.


Leave them in until you can stab them easily with a fork, it takes me about 25 minutes.


Scrape out some of the centre with a spoon (I found a grapefruit spoon worked best)

Stuff them full of deliciousnessness, mixing the sauce with the flesh of the aubergine and put them back in the oven for about 10-15 mins.


Serve with your favourite side and feast away!



6 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely gorgeous! I'll definitely be whipping this up soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I only ate aubergine once or maybe twice in my whole life, just because I had no idea how to use them. This is a great idea that I definitely need to try. The aubergines are always smiling at me in the supermarket, but I always have to ignore them. I think you changed that and healed our relationship :)

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that looks amazing! I always forget aubergines exist when I'm food shopping, but they can be so delicious!

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog }

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these recipes, I'm pretty sure my mum would love me to cook this for her too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mum has a big batch of bolognese on the hob cooking as we speak, I know what I'm trying for tea tonight!!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious! I really need to give aubergine a chance!
    Jenna x
    www.jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...