Thursday 15 August 2013

Partridges

Last week Mum and I had to go into London to exchange a birthday present that was too big for my wrist, afterwards, we found ourselves on Sloane Square and after having spent a while in Tiffany & Co, waiting for me to stop ooh-ing and ahh-ing at everything and sort myself out, Mum was ravenous, and I'm just always up for a meal, so we popped into Partridges for some lunch.


We walked past isles of tasty looking groceries to the restaurant at the back of the shop, resisting until after lunch.
Mum ordered aubergine and feta quiche (oh so jealous of her). Sadly I couldn't try any of hers, but she said it was delicious, and the pastry was excellent.



I went for the Partridges Special Salad, smoked salmon, prawns, roasted peppers and chicory.


The prawns and roasted peppers were amazing, but with the chicory it didn't work, but when I tried putting the salmon and the chicory together it all slotted into place and was delicious!


One thing I will say is that the staff in the restaurant were wonderful, our waiter was so clued up about the ingredients and attentive and our food came out pretty speedily after ordering.


After finishing we thought we'd have a wander around the rest of the shop as the patisserie counter was just across the restaurant and I'd been eyeing up the whole meal time, look at that Rocky Road!



They had the most amazing deli, enormous cheeses, gargantuan salamis, but the ready meals were the best bit in the whole counter, ready meal, Chelsea style.




They had tonnes of foreign food too, I was in heaven in the US section and the lady restocking the shelves was really lovely!



Then things got a little bad when I got to the nuts..


Things got nuts when I got to the nuts, you could even say, I got a bit carried away being a happy little shutter-bug when a very unhappy lady marched up to me and asked if I had had the manager's permission to take photos, which I hadn't because I didn't realise you had to have permission to take photos to show people how good a place was, I tried to explain to her that it was for my blog and did she want to see them?
No she definitely did not, I was so surprised at the contrast between the staff in the restaurant (who had seen me snapping away at my salad) and this lady and how spoke to me, that it really tarnished the day and put a dampener on the amazing review I wanted to give, sorry guys!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my parents have told me time and time again how wonderful Partridges is!
    Very jealous that you were able to go, I would devour that smoked salmon platter in a mere matter of seconds!
    Lovely photos too :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived near here for so long WHY have I not been in. Im having a lazy one this weekend -so I am bloody going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your results today Lottie!

    polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this place, it's incredible isn't it?! Did you take a walk through the Saatchi Gallery while you were there?

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the look of the deli section, sorry to hear about the rude lady! Looking at that rocky road makes me feel hungry!

    thebathbubble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so annoying when people ask you to not take photos, especially in this situation! Their loss anyway. The aubergine and feta quiche looks lovely thoughxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place looks amazing, I don't understand how I have managed to miss it- and there was me thinking the Selfridges food hall was good!

    Just found your blog really enjoyed reading it :)

    Amy xxx

    Truly Scrumptious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh that presentation is ever so inviting, I can feel another London trip coming on ASAP
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...