Friday 5 July 2013

Raspberry & Rosemary Sorbet

Three years ago my best friend and I went to Italy, and one of the places that we visited was San Gimignano's "Gelateria de Piazza" who do exciting flavours like Lavender & Blackberry and Ricotta & Bilberry . Each time we visited I had the same thing, Raspberry and Rosemary ice cream.
Sadly I can't find anywhere that sells it back in the UK, so I've made my own.



To make one bowlful:

3 ramekins of raspberries (I used 2 ramekins of frozen and 1 fresh from the garden)
75ml almond milk (alternatives: orange juice or water)
1 sprig of rosemary (stalk removed, finely chopped)
Honey (optional)

Pop your raspberries into a blender, and whizz them about until it stays the same consistency.



Slowly pour in your almond milk whilst blending, so that the mixture starts to come together, you might not need all of it, so do it slowly.



Add your finely chopped rosemary, give it a blend, and if you're adding honey, taste it now, add your honey and give it a final whizz.



If you used fresh raspberries, pour into a tupperware box and put in the freezer to firm up slightly for a while.
If you used frozen raspberries, you can gorge straight away!


Not only is this super low on the calorie front, but the raspberries are rich in Vitamin C, rumoured to fight cancer and help you lose weight, plus, the almond milk has magnesium, potassium and Vitamin E!
A septuple threat!


You might see a couple more of these posts because the "Gelateria de Piazza" website has given me lots of ideas!



8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this out!!
    xx

    http://thekittysmiaow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm!! Looks like a top notch recipe from the beauty's cookbook!
    Perfect for this weeks heat wave I think?!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY a dessert I can have :) This gelato looks 'da bomb'. I'm sure Mumma Q wont mind if I steal some sprigs from the garden...
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay! I forgot you were dairy free too! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I always stumble into a tub of Ben and Jerry's on days like these, this is such a better alternative!!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...