Sunday 28 July 2013

Chocolate Fudge Cake Take 2

One of the first recipes I ever posted was this chocolate fudge cake, it's deliciously dense and fudgy and I've made it many a time for girls at school and for Josh.
Today is Josh's dad's birthday and after asking what I could do to help with the party, I was given the task of baking the birthday cake.. No pressure.



I waited for what seemed like forever for it to cook. I put it in for 20 mins at 180 celcius, then back in for about another 50 with foil over the top to keep the top nice.



I got a tub of Philadelphia, mixed it with some butter and icing sugar and slathered it on the cake.


Then came to decorating.
I haven't met anyone who doesn't like Mars, so seeing as Josh's cake last year went down so well when I piled it high with Skittles and M&Ms, I thought I'd pile these on.



Mum was kindly given some pots of edible gold by one of her clients at work, which she kindly gave to me.


I used the moisture from the chocolate to stick the gold leaf onto the planets to make it look more jazzy and special.



I'm not meaning to blow my own trumpet, but this is the best chocolate cake I've had, plus the lack of butter in the ingredients means I can swap the milk for coconut or almond milk!




Original recipe with full ingredients and directions here.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, such a showstopper of a cake, totally loving the gold leaf :)
    I'm sure it went down a treat
    x x x

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I agree with the last comment, the gold leaf just make it look like a real center peice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate fudge cake! This looks amazing!!

    HeelsForever

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! :) This looks so good!

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm... WOW!
    I love the addition of the gold leaf, it really makes the chocolate brown pop!
    LOOKS DEEEEEELICOUS! :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm that looks a little bit special x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...