Thursday 18 July 2013

Strawberry Picking

Yesterday, Josh and I went to Friday Street Farm in Suffolk.


Punnets in hand, we headed off into the rows of poly tunnels, which were like giant ovens in the heat.
Luckily for our backs, we didn't have to crawl along the rows of fruit bushes like I've done at previous pick your owns, the strawberry bushes are planted in raised beds.








My sunglasses are from ASOS and my dress is a really light floaty one which was perfect in the heat, from River Island.




Strawberries are by far my favourite fruit, and it's safe to say that between the two of us we filled up on at least a kilo whilst picking away.




 Some of the strawberries were huge!




And so, so scrummy! (I'm snaffling as I type.)




At last we filled both punnets (and our tummies), and headed to the shop to weigh and pay, the farm was quite quiet due to the fact that the school holidays hadn't started so we nearly had the place to ourselves, but one downside we found was that the pricing wasn't obvious and we happily filled up our punnets without realising it was £4.50 a kg, whoops!!



14 comments:

  1. mmm yummy! You two look lovely. So jealous, would much rather be strawberry picking right now!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this looks like sooo much fun to do! I don't think it exists here in Belgium. Maybe it's better that way, I would probably come out sick of eating too many strawberries during picking.
    Made your biscotti by the way, it was delicious, everyone loved it! If you'd like, you can read it on my blog: http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/2013/07/birthday-biscotti.html

    Love,
    Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate most of them and thankfully I still love them!!
      Ah that's made me very happy Sofie! Just read it xx

      Delete
  3. Umm... Not one word, but two.
    Not just "yumm". But "MEGA YUMMM!!"
    I could literally live off strawberries and PIY is by far heaven on earth.
    Lovely post, and adore the blue dress!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so lovely! One of my good friends just went strawberry picking for her birthday and it just sounds so sweet =)
    I would've completely overfilled mine as well. Hopefully you haven't had a strawberry overdose by now!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fab birthday idea Teffy!!! No, I don't think I could ever overdose on them thankfully! xx

      Delete
  5. This was such a refreshing post!! How were the strawberries taste-wise????

    http://thegoldpalette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such fun! So lovely to be able to pick your own too, even if it comes with a bit of a price tag- worth it! I made a little order on ASOS earlier this week and have just received the parcel - one of the dresses being the one you are wearing here- looks gorgeous on you so I hope it suits me too! E xxx http://emiloudesigns.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo worth the £20! I'm sure it will, I hope you like it as much as me! xxx

      Delete
  7. Such a cute activity! I want to go! X


    myuniyears.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dress! Looks like a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...