Tuesday 30 July 2013

Guilt Free Oaties

Two things I really miss being able to eat since cutting dairy out of my diet are cookies and banana bread.
After prowling the internet and pinterest, I found many a recipe involving bananas and oats, so I set to work on baking some oaty, banana bready, cookie deliciousness.



This/my recipe works on a three cookies to one banana basis, with about a cup of oats to a banana. Confused?

Anyway, to make 12 decent cookies you will need: 
4 mashable bananas
3 cups oats (both rolled and quick work well!)
1 tsp cinnamon
Several handfuls of sultanas


First mash those bananas like crazy, I used a potato masher!


And a certain someone found this rather exciting to watch...



Add your oats, stir well and you'll be left with something that looks like this:


Hang in there and percivere, it'll look & taste better soon,
Add your cinnamon and fruit,



Aim for about a tablespoon and a half of mixture to each cookie when putting them on the baking tray, and don't worry, these ones don't spread!


Leave them in there for about 15-19 mins at about 180 celcius and you should have something like this.....


No added sugar, no butter or milk, and if you use gluten free oats, no gluten! Whoopee!


They're best eaten on the day, I ate the first batch I made in an hour.. For breakfast... But they're just so moreish and scrummy and healthy that I'm not sure I care!


Update: And good news, if you pop them on a plate and put them in the microwave for 4 mins, take out and flip then pop in for another 30 secs, they'll be done!
Microwavable cookies!!!

10 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)

    xx
    Camilla
    http://kapteinmoe.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like the idea of using bananas as the base, I made something similar a while back (turns out I used Soya Milk) and them were pretty irresistible too:

    http://lalangostaymi.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/heathy-cookies.html

    Happy baking x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. THose look so lovely! I've seen so many recipes calling for mashed bananas, think it's about time I actually tried one out!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cereals, bananas, dried fruits ... I immediately knew these cookies were made for me ... but then I noticed NO sugar! This must be destiny! I don't like recipes that contain too much sugar, so this one is per-fect! Thanks a lot!
    Didn't know you can not tolerate milk? I don't tolerate lactose, so I had to cut out all dairy products too. It's not a pleasure since I absolutely looove yoghurt, smoothies and prefer cheese instead of meat on my bread. Gradually, I started introducing dairy back into my diet (just to see what would happen), and I must say, yoghurt and cheese are fine, but milk still makes me sick because of the lactose (in cheese and yoghurt lactose is largely degraded so I can bear it).
    Thanks again for this amazing recipe, I will definitely try it out one day!

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so pleased!! For smoothies try blending the fruit with a little bit of soy or almond milk!
      Let me know if you try it Sofie!!
      X

      Delete
  5. You know how much of a sucker I am for anything banana-y!!
    Seriously love this recipe Lottie!
    Might even add a sprinkle of nuts! Yummmm!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. Now I'm hungry!
    Trying this recipe out right away.
    Lovely blog too!
    Ella x

    www.littlebrownbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toootaaally made a variation of these for breakfast today! Chucked some blueberries in.. worked a treat! thank yoou XX

    myuniyears.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...