Monday 22 July 2013

Skinny Chocolate Fudge Brownies

A few nights ago I was trawling through Bloglovin' and found a recipe for dairy free brownies. Without thinking, I took a photo of the ingredients on my phone, but didn't note down who's it was, I've changed this slightly to fit what I had in my pantry but if the base of this recipe is yours, then thank you, because it's so scrummy and dairy free!
It makes the most delicious, fudgey brownies. Don't let the photos make you think that they're cakey, no siree, they're ooey and gooey and sans butter!



1 medium avocado
1 large egg
1.5 breakfast cup of granulated sugar (I'm going to try it with sweetener soon)
3/4 breakfast cup of cocoa powder
1/4 breakfast up of plain flour

First mash that avocado up as smooth as can be:
 

Add an egg..


Stirin your sugar and your cocoa powder.
I found it was easiest to add a little at a time or the powder went everywhere.


Lastly fold in your flour.


Look at that ooey, gooey mixure...
Do a finger taste test, no ones watching or judging..


Pour into a foil lined brownie tin.
And for the sake of the brownies, please grease that foil, or you'll be stuck (or rather your brownies will be).
I used a standard brownie tin (20 cm sq) but that was a little too large, my brownies came out quite thin (I don't really trust thin brownies) so I doubled them up and stacked 2 together to make a decent size.


Pop them in the oven at 180 celcius for about 15 mins, depending on how thick the batter is in the tin. 


The avocado is a much better replacement for butter, not only cutting out dairy, but they're full of good fats to make your nails grow and your hair shiny, plus they're rumoured to help you lose weight.


Brownies that make you lose weight and make your hair shine?
Yes please.

  
 Just one more...





14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this idea! I keeping seeing recipes with avocado in and I really must try it soon! they look delicious xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOVE you for introducing me to this!
    Dairy is a big no-no in my books, and I'd never have thought of using avo as a replacement.
    Thanks Lottie
    x x x

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problemo Ibbs, thought we needed some chocolate in our dairy free lives! Best part is that I gave them to one of my friends who thought they were normal and she said "Woah these are so good, better than usual but I feel a bit guilty"!
      Xxx

      Delete
  3. DEFINITELY trying this recipe - although I hate avocado, can you actually taste the avo in them?

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow never thought to do with avocado! Used courgettes once, but definitely need to try this one out!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avocado in a brownie?! Now this is genius!!!
    Definitely giving these a go Lottie! YUMMMMMMMM!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant believe you use advocado- yummmmm x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, I'll definitely be trying this recipe out. Just discovered your blog and i love it!
    http://splashofsilk.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your Blog, what an amazing little cook you are, I shall definitely be giving these Brownies a go...!!X

    And a Big thumbs up on the Wasabi Sushi.......Its the best...!!X Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do Jenny, I also hope I see you soon xx

      Delete
  9. Lookin' guurrdd

    Grace
    polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...