Sunday 2 June 2013

Lottie's Cookies


 Revision has given me a serious craving for Millie's Cookies, after scouring the internet and recipe books I've found what I think is the closest yet..

 
These are the easiest, chewiest, yummiest cookies with a good amount of chocolate. There are two things that can ruin a cookie for me, it being too crunchy, and it having a poor dough : chocolate chip ratio, so to me these are perfect.

125g softened butter
100g light brown sugar
125g caster sugar
1 beaten egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
A pinch of salt
250g chocolate (or more if you'd like!)

Makes 10 large cookies.

Start by creaming the sugars and the butter together so that it's nice and smooth,



Then add your egg and the vanilla.
Chop up your chocolate, you could use chocolate chips, in fact the cookies would be great with a mix of all three chocolates in, but I'm using a 200g bar of milk chocolate and then 50g of dark chocolate. I've chopped mine rather loosely to get nice big hunks o'chocolate.




Sift in your flour and only half mix it in, then sprinkle in the chocolate chunks, this is to avoid over mixing.





Grab a fistful of the mixture, roll it into a ball, then squash it down, but leave good sized spaces between the cookies as they will get bigger!




Bung these in the oven for about 10 mins at about 200 Celsius if you want them really chewy or 15 mins if you want a balance between crunchy and chewy.

 
 
 
 


They'd also be really, really good sandwiched together with some Ben and Jerry's, sorry if I've ruined any diets!


20 comments:

  1. Mmmmm ALWAYS on the hunt for a really really good cookie recipe. These take the biscuit ('scuse the pun!)

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's really really good, let me know if you have a go my lovely! Xx

      Delete
  2. 10 out of 10 for actually baking the cookies..... We always end up eating the dough whilst watching a movie, raw cookie dough is just wayyyy to addictive to cook!!
    x x x

    http://lalangostaymi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard, I had to keep having slices of watermelon to keep me occupied! Xxx

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOSH. They look and sound amazzzzzzzzing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets face it... You can't beat a classic cookie. Looks delicious! Might try these this week if I can cope without eating all the cookie dough first..!
    Emily xx
    http://gingerbreadjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooo hard not to eat all the mix, I had to have a bit obviously to, you know, check it was okay! Let me know how they go! xxx

      Delete
  5. These look so good revision sucks so I get the need for cookies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so delicious! I could totally eat these right now :D xxx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh they look delicious, I love a chewy giant cookie! xx

    Lucy Loves To Cook

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo I do love a good cookie! These look delish :D x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yes, an ice cream cookie sandwich would be so good!

    Sisters Marie
    Start your closet on BISTM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look AMAZING. I've been meaning to make some chocolate chip cookies soon... hm I better get to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tweet me if you try this! @lottiewoolley xxx

      Delete
  11. These look amazing!! Have to make them! Just came across your blog for the first time and all your recipes look so good. I' such a bad cook but trying to learn so will be trying out all your recipes! x

    Heels Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very sweet- let me know if you try any! XX

      Delete
  12. They look absolutely delicious! I will bookmark this page.

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...