Wednesday 12 June 2013

Tiddly Banoffee Pies


The other night J and I had a date night, just a trip to the cinema to see "The Big Wedding", which was pretty good, but seeing as he's in the middle of exams right now we can't see each other as often as we'd normally/like to.
Anyway, one of his favourite puddings is Banoffee Pie. It would be risky for the inside of my bag if I had tried to sneak a whole pie into the cinema so I made a small batch of my trusty short crust pastry that made just over 7 pie crusts that I laid over cupcake tins.

3 oz plain flour
1.5 oz butter
About 4 tsps. water

1 can of boiled condensed milk (or dulche de leche)
1 banana
Whipped cream (optional)
Grated chocolate

After making your pastry roll it out and use a cutter to cut out circles that cover the cupcake tin holes like you would if you were making mince pies.
With the point of a sharp knife gently prick the pastry so that it doesn't rise and pop in the oven (200 celcius) for about 15 mins.

You can use a can of condensed milk that you've boiled yourself (keep the tin sealed) or you can use a precooked one like the one below!




 




















Grab a teaspoon and dollop the caramel in the cases, depending on how caramelly you like it (J likes caramel so I went overboard slightly).


Mmm don't they look good??


Then eat the rest of the tin with a spoon by yourself whilst watching a movie. I won't judge you.

 
 Slice up your banana and plonk/arrange artistically on top.


You could go for several half slices, for more bananary tastiness but I was in a rush.

 
Add a good amount of whipped cream if you have some and sprinkle with chocolate (or chocolate powder in my case).


I don't think they are exactly the same as a normal banoffee pie base, because that's with golden syrup, butter and biscuits, but they're really easy for you to eat, and perfect for cinema sneakin'.
I did actually catch J fit one whole into his mouth so they went down a treat!

 
Alternatively you could leave the banana out and eat them as a caramel jam tart!

 

14 comments:

  1. aww they look so cute Lottie, such a great idea for date night food at the cinema :D
    x x x

    The Lobster & Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a mean post - I'm cutting down on my sweets and you're waving this DELICIOUSNESS at me! Haha!

    www.nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm these look delish! I love banoffee pie.. how could you not love it?! haha x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, it's weird! I love banana and caramel on their own! I'm just odd ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Yummmmm Lottie!
    I absolutely love the idea of making mini banoffee pies! Sometimes you just need that little mouthful of a pick me up and this suits perfectly.
    Nommmm!
    Emily xx
    http://gingerbreadjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Emily!
    The pastry amount is so perfect, especially for jam tarts, I think they're underrated :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my good lord! These look amazing. I'm so obsessed with anything banoffee, I think I'm definitely going to have to give these a try. Yummy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats super easy to do and super quick! I am definitely buying the ingredients and next time my friends are visiting I'm gonna give it a go!Thanks :)
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! These look DIVINE! Must try these out when I get the chance!

    http://british-beauty-addict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...