Thursday 27 June 2013

Jimmy's Farm

Last night my sixth form ball was held at Jimmy's Farm. Up until reading this post by Emily, I had no idea how well known Jimmy Doherty's farm was.
For those of you that don't know, Jimmy is a Suffolk based farmer who has a television show on channel 4, "Jimmy's Farm".


Our ball was held in their beautiful farm restaurant, a converted barn with beautiful old beams and the large quantity of wood used made it look lovely and rustic





There were fairy lights everywhere, which were perfect with the theme.



There was a photobooth which was made use of by both girls and teachers alike, I can't wait to see the photos.
The farm has their own photographer, which my school regularly uses, called Nick Ilott and we all had fun posing for photos, especially around the cow, yes, that it me milking it.



Our starter consisted of canapés, and if there's anything I love it's canapés.
Food that you can pop straight in? Yes please!


We had two of my favourites, Yorkshire pudding topped with roast beef and horseradish and smoked salmon blinis.
The blini waitress lurked around me a lot, maybe I made it too obvious that I was a big fan.


As we sat down we noticed a little present by each of our name cards,


Which contained a little bracelet from the fabulous local jewellery shop, Never Go Naked, whose jewellery, by the way, is so cute and really inexpensive!


Then it was time to eat, I opted for the non vegetarian, the shredded pork with semi roasted potatoes, greens, gravy and a little apple sauce, which was really tasty, and as expected the pork was delicious, from Jimmy's home grown piggies.


My friend Charlotte had the vegetarian option which was equally as delicious, gnocci in a creamy sauce but when I tasted it I soon realised she wouldn't need that whole bowlful, the gnocci was so filling that half the bowl would fill you right up!


Now, pudding.
Pudding was chocolate fondant with ice cream... And I guzzled it down before taking a photo. Oops.
Initially, when I saw the menu I didn't think the pudding would be that great. I think a chocolate fondant is difficult to get right as they can be too dense or too rich. This was neither, the pudding without the ice cream was absolutely perfect and hands down the best chocolate fondant I've had.

Dancing ensued, and I think everyone's pretty glad nobody took photos of that!

How cool is A's dress? I'd look like a giant Tuna but it works so well on her!



The exciting shoe crew
It was a wonderful evening and the social prefects did a fantastic job!


13 comments:

  1. You all look gorgeous! Looks like an amazing place!

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Lottie your ball looks lovely in the old fashioned barn! You know how jealous I was of you to go there, you lucky lucky thing! Food looks scrummy too, bet it was a killer piece of pig to dig in to! :)
    Also where is your dress from!? I love it (especially the back), and you look stunning as always!
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have loved it, everything was deeelicious!
    The dress was actually one from Topshop last year, but it might be on ebay! The cut out bit is actually a heart but my hair covers it!
    You're such a sweetie! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very jealous! Heart sounds awesome, ill give it a google :) xx

      Delete
  4. Lottie you're so adorable! The food looks deeelish.

    Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely dress, Lottie! You look gorgeous!

    Love,
    Sofie
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a gorgeous night. love the venue and the bracelets - what a cute touch!

    You look gorgeous too!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I thought that- my friends did really well! X

      Delete
  7. This place looks stunning! What a perfect location for a ball - much more exciting than the school hall where mine was held! Those bracelets are such a lovely touch.
    Now pleaaase just give me a bowl of that gnocchi!! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cute!
      Oh my goodness, and me! It was amazeballs! xx

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely choice of venue, ours was in a big marquee at school but yours seems so much more intimate and special.
    Needless to say, the food looks so scrummy. They are sure onto a winner there with the mini yorkies....I feel a recipe post coming on missy... :D
    x x x

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...