Sunday 23 June 2013

Apple & Cinnamon Muffins

Up until a few weeks ago I had completely forgotten about the whole idea of incorporating fruit and cake, and if I did think about it the only thing that did come to mind was a dense fruit cake.
But after this recipe, my life was changed and I remembered this recipe that I made a couple of times when I was younger.



100g butter (4oz)
225g self raising flour (8oz)
100g soft brown sugar (4oz)
150g raisins or sultanas (6oz)
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons of honey
2 apples (medium to large, I used Pink Lady)
1 tsp. cinnamon
125ml milk

First rub your butter and flour until it's all breadcrumby,


Stir in the sugar, sultanas, eggs and honey,


Peel your apples with a (clean) potato peeler, cut them into boats,


Then chop them finely, or as chunky as you want your buns to be.


Put those along with the cinnamon into the mixing bowl and lastly stir in your milk.


This recipe made 12 generous muffins which took about 20 mins in an oven at about 180 celcius.

  
Grab a fork, but if you're like me you'll probably end up using your hands instead!





This would work equally well in a bread tin but it would take considerably longer.
Thanks Emily for re-evoking my love of fruity bread!


7 comments:

  1. Aww Lottie these look absolutely delicious! You really can't beat an apple + cinnamon combo, especially with baking.
    So glad the banana bread made an epic influence! Chuffed :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I've been dreaming about banana bread ;)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Apple + Cinnamon is a total dream of a combo!
    I have it pretty much every day for my brekkie pancakes :)
    x x x

    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look so moist!!! yum! glad you found your way back to fruit and cake, it is not one that should be forgotten!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teffy! They were, and not too unhealthy xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...