Saturday 6 April 2013

Rocky Road

In this post I introduced you all to my version of rocky road, and I did mention I'd do a post on how to make them.
It was my oldest and best friend E's birthday party last night so J and I thought we'd whip up a birthday batch to hide the lack of present.


If like me, you have some Easter eggs lying around still (I know, what is wrong with me?!) this is the perfect time to use them.



400g milk chocolate (Cadbury's is the best in my opinion)
200g honeycomb chocolate
100g dark chocolate (optional)
Golden syrup
A bag of Minstrels or M&Ms
A bag of Malteasers
A bar of Milky way, Mars or Snickers
Marshmallows in abundance
Chocolate covered honeycomb pieces or a chopped Crunchie


Well hello there, heart attack!




Melt the chocolate gently so that it is just melted and not too hot, otherwise the heat will melt your Minstrels and that is less than ideal.

 
Add your Minstrels or M&Ms, this time I used Minstrels but personally I would use M&Ms because they look more fun, and a good splodge of golden syrup, I used a dessert spoonful.


Whilst on the hunt for mini eggs in my local sweetshop, J and I came across these, chocolate covered honeycomb pieces..


 ...Chop these up to smaller chunks and bung them in with some Malteasers.

 
You have to be certain that the chocolate is as cool as possible but molten when you add the marshmallows and Milky way or they'll disintegrate into a mess.



Pour into a lined tin and decorate if you wish, then pop in the fridge for at least an hour!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...