Thursday 25 April 2013

Faking It

I went through a phase where my legs weren't a dissimilar colour to those belonging to Amy Childs. Thankfully that radioactive-glow look is behind me, but I like to think I've gotten better at applying it, and after trying more than a dozen fake tans I like to think I know which highstreet or drugstore fake tans are the better ones.



For a gradual glow: Johnson's Holiday Skin
Yes, it smells funny and everyone knows you've put it on but it goes on smoothly, when put on in moderation, and it comes in 2 tones, light and dark, I probably should be a light but I get dark because I usually want quick results.
I like a lot of gradual tan moisturisers, my favourites are Johnson's Holiday SkinGarnier Summer Body, Dove Summer Glow and Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze. The latter is probably my favourite and I keep meaning to buy it, for some reason I just prefer the smell of it.

Instant tan: Rimmel Sun Shimmer
I am a Rimmel fake tan collecter, it seems, as I have one of each sub-range. I use the basic wash off one if I quickly need a tan for school or something, the waterproof one if there is going to be water involved... Durr, and then I got their most recent "instant tan and gradual glow" a few days ago and it's great! I don't actually mind the sent of these too much, they're so easy to apply with a mitt and seeing as they're just so inexpensive and great I keep getting them, despite not using up its predecessor first! I have only ever used medium matte, but I'm curious to try the one with "shimmer" in for going out.



Proper fake tan: St. Moritz mousse
The St. Tropez rip off, but seriously, it's really good! Straight after you've put it on it shows, you'll definatley need a fake tan mitt, to put it on and you've got to work fast but the results are fab!

Le Visage: Piz Buin Summer Sensation
Probably the priceiest but this smells so nice! As you can tell, I'm a sucker for a good smell, but this works really well on my face and feels nice when you're putting it on too, it hasn't gone wrong on me.. Yet!

4 comments:

  1. I find st Moritz ALWAYS does the job, but I do agree you have to work quickly with it!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I occasionally mix it with moisturiser and use it on my face, you really have to work quickly or you'll look really weird :P xx

      Delete
  2. this is so handy, i had big plans to grab a couple of self-tanners from the drugstore today. thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...