Tuesday 16 April 2013

Birthday Meal

This weekend was my mum's birthday, and to celebrate on the actual day we had some family friends round for a meal.

We started off with venison carpaccio with Parmesan and salad on the side.
I never used to like carpaccio but after trying smoked venison, I was fully converted!



The main shebang was the most delicious, tender, pulled pork I have ever had, well done mum, which we kept simple with jacket potatoes and salad, so that we would, hopefully, have room for pudding.



 




Everyone had seconds, it was that good.
Mum had let it sit in lots of different spices so that it tasted almost oriental, I will have to post the recipe!


Then came the puddings, the main pudding was a delicious strawberry roulade, which went down really well.

 




I was given the job of the birthday cake and all morning I had been mixing up sponge cakes to make a three layered Victoria sponge, with tonnes of raspberry jam and cream.





Last but not least, we had a cheese board, sadly all I know that was on there was a camembert, sorry!

 
After dinner we went into the sitting room to play games, below is my only picture of this because we were too caught up in playing Articulate and the cereal box game!


It was a lovely evening and I hope my mum had a fab birthday x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...