Tuesday 30 April 2013

April Favourites

My favourites of this month are ecletic to say the least, I guess they're actually more things I've been using or wearing a lot this month.
Not long ago my little sister went to Kenya, and brought us all back presents. Now, my mum used to live in South Africa when she was my age, we've been back several times and it has kind of become a "thing" between my mum, my sister and I that we have beaded key rings on our keys, so on my car keys I have a green rhino, my mum has a beaded SA flag but then we also have ornaments I've got a beaded lizard, mum has a beaded toad, you get the idea, we're a bit odd.
Anyway, my sister brought mum back the toad, and she brought me back some beaded bracelets made by the Masai.


Because its summer and everyone wants to look a little more "fresh faced" I've been using The Body Shop's Radiance Pearls, I use them along my brow bone and a little on top of my cheekbones.




This body butter smells so delicious, if I could send a smell from my computer to yours, I would. I think that most people know how great The Body Shop Body Butters are so I won't drone on about them, but the other fantabulous ones are Satsuma and Mango


I saw this when I was doing a food shop for my mum, I'm a big fan of the Rimmel Sun Shimmers and thought i'd try this one out, I think it's relatively new but it's basically the same as its sisters in that you really need a fake tan mitt to apply it and it works really well!


Loreal's Rouge Caresse lipsticks came out about a year ago and I found this lurking at the bottom of my make up bag, forgotten and unloved, but not anymore because it really is great. It's a combo of a lipstick, gloss and balm, so depending on how you apply it, it can come out really sheer or quite bold, it isn't unlike a Revlon Lip Butter, I have Aphrodite Scarlet (swatched below) but I'd be interested to try the coral or the red!




Are there any new things I should try out that you guys like?

2 comments:

  1. Your April favourites are fabulous and they look lovely against the grassy background.

    I love your African beads, I have a bangle from Cambodia and a beaded bracelet from Spain that mean the world to me!

    Take care, hope you're well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hamilton! I'm just pouring over your fig and goats cheese puffs! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...