Tuesday 9 April 2013

Personal Pizzas

Its Easter half-term for my sister and I, and my mum is lucky enough to be able to work from home meaning she gets to spend more time with us during the holidays, which has its downsides when you're trying to get out of revision.



I was feeling creative and offered to make everyone pizzas, the base of the recipe I actually nicked from Rose, but I've changed it only slightly to make it a little healthier.

500g wholemeal flour
1 tbsp salt
1 sachet of yeast
1 tbsp golden sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
330ml tepid water

Sift the flour, salt and yeast into a bowl then add the sugar, make a little well in the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients and combine.


Knead really well and leave in a warm place for about an hour, or until it has doubled in size.

Once rolled out add a tomato sauce, a basic pizza topping should be avaliable from your local supermarket but here's one if not:

1 can tomatoes
Salt
Pepper
Oregano

Drain the juice from the tomatoes and put in a food processer, add the seasoning and oregano and blitz it!


Then it's up to you as to which toppings you'll have, my sister plumped for mozerella, chedder and chorizo,


Mum went for chedder, tomatoes, mozzarella and pesto,


Then I made my own healthier one with mushrooms, onion, parmesan and some spinach, which didn't add a lot to it.


Pop them in the oven for about 20 mins, my oven is really hot so it only took about 12.


This recipe makes about 5 personal sized ones, but this was just for a light lunch, I'd have preferred to make mine bigger!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh that looks scrummy!!
    Love the choriso on the pizza, definitely a winner for summer :)
    (I feel your pain with revision too...No motivation at all!)
    xx
    http://gingerbreadjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were, I'm making a big one tomorrow!
      I haven't done anything.. I know I'll regret it at the end of the week :( xx

      Delete
    2. I hope that big one is all for yourself!
      Neither.. Two uni essays due Monday, and I end up blogging.. FML! xxx

      Delete
  2. They look super delicious, I'm loving all the crazy shapes!!
    And excellent choice in toppings.
    I haven't made pizza in an absolute age, thanks for reminding me about it :)
    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...