Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter Weekend

As mentioned in this post, my form like to celebrate birthdays and during this half term three of the girls turn eighteen, seeing as we would be at home revising procrastinating during half term we thought we'd celebrate, M got her presents then but A and L get their presents when we get back because their birthdays are at the end of the holiday, and any excuse to eat.

M loves caterpillar cakes, so IK made her a homemade one!


And her wonderful mother Ismini (dream) made cheese pies..


Mmm.. Cheese pies...

 
And I made some oreo, cookie and marshmallow brownies, which then were covered with party rings, chocolate buttons and smarties.
 
 
 
As you can probably tell by all the pictures, I was a little over excited about the food but the best was yet to come...
Granny T is my close friend B's grandma, she is a domestic goddess and creates the most beautiful cakes for our birthdays, especially B's, here was her creation,
 
 
 
How amazing?!
 
Then it was time for presents, M has banned herself from buying clothing since August and she's done really well, so for her birthday we got her clothes!
 
 
 
 
I got a little too overexcited about the food and actually made myself ill.
Good one Lottie.
 
Then today was the annual Woolley Easter Egg Hunt.
My sister and I are the Easter bunnies, and we hide everyones and eachother's eggs, the rules are to find your own and to leave the ones that aren't your's.
 
 
The possibly over-used hiding place, the Lindt bunny in the old rabbit hutch.
 
 
 
 
 
Hiding my sister's egg in the woodshed, it didn't take her as long to find as I had hoped expected.
 
 
I found one of my rabbits hiding under a sapling.
 
 
Grandpa always gets the hardest hiding places, one of his was hidden here...
 
 
Luckily he managed to reach it (with the help of a stick) then we all headed inside to be rewarded with roast venison and roasted vegetables followed by Steph's cheesecake filled chocolate eggs made my J and I, they were gobbled down so quickly I didn't have the chance to take a photo.
I hope you all had a great Easter!




6 comments:

  1. I seriously adore the photo with all the eggs in it, oh my!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so exciting getting those bags out of my Grandparent's car!xx

      Delete
  2. Love the Hotel Chocolat eggs and soldiers!! Are those Slutty Brownies on the table I see?? Good call there!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were delish! They are indeed! I ran out of Oreos, so halfway through baking I popped some marshmallows on! x

      Delete
  3. I love the cakes!!! You gave me ideas where to put some eggs for next year.
    Marisa.xx
    www.cremaluisa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...