Wednesday 13 March 2013

Rabbit Food

This time last year I was eating pretty badly, I was eating unhealthy food and in large quantities of, for example, Exhibit A.



The Baconcake.
I work minimum 6 hour shifts with no time to eat, and I find it hard to find something that will fill me up for that length of time, and unfortunatley for my waistline, baconcakes seemed to be the answer, until I had the common sense to take a pancake recipe and adapt it, making it marginally healthier, and make my conscience feel a whole lot better on a Saturday morning.

To make one hungry ganet portion:

135g flour
2tbsp honey
125ml milk (I use soya light or coconut milk)
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp melted butter
A pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder



This is just a picture of the cake I made for my boyfriend J's 18th with M&Ms and Skittles on top. But I've swapped eating this for this (below).


I had to put these in because they are probably one of the best healthy snacks I have found, sweetened pineapple.
The fact that they're chewy and really sweet satisfies most sugar cravings but much healthier than tucking into that family bag of Skittles or Malteasers...


Albeit a weird one to have with soup, I really enjoy it instead of bread (my weakness), as I have not been known to demolish a baguette in less than 1 hour. I do actually prefer the corn cake versions of these, they taste a bit like popcorn, but Tescos didn't have them so I'll made do.


Nearly everyday in my packed lunch I take a carton of soup with me, that big appetite has to be filled with 2 portions of soup, but seeing as the ones that I devour are quite healthy there are no qualms.


My absolute favourite is by the New Covent Garden Soup Co. who do the most delicious soups, most I would be happy to swim in, but this is the best, it's a thick chicken soup with mustard, apple sauce and mushrooms... Mmm... (Lentil and smoked bacon is a close 2nd!)


I try to eat healthily, and by the rule 80/20, 80% of what I eat is nice and healthy and the other 20% is made up of baconcakes, chocolate fudge cake and chocolate chew balls....

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry but that bacon cake look soooo good! I too am now trying to be healthy although I'll admit some days are better than others!

    Love the blog xx
    http://thiswomansstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. You thought my cake looked good!!? KITKATS WIN!
    Amazing Lottie!
    Emily xx
    http://gingerbreadjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you! This is probably one of the best comments I've had!xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...