Monday 18 February 2013

Rose's Soda Bread

I'm supposed to be revising for my A level mock exams but when my Mother announced that we needed some bread, I jumped at the chance as there was a cetain recipe by Rose that I wanted to try out.



Now, soda bread has to be one of my all time favourite breads, second only to a baguette which, if I was given some garlic and butter, I'm pretty certain that I could devour a whole loaf in one sitting, but my love of carbohydrates and overeating are different matters entirely.
A large amount of flour goes into this, about half a bag, but you end up with two heavenly smelling loaves which take only half an hour to cook, or one large loaf that would take about an hour.


 
I made one plain and one fruity, this was because I wasn't sure how well the fruity one would taste...
 


Clearly the loaf with cranberries and pinenuts didn't go down too badly, seeing as I, ahem, ate half a loaf in one sitting...(slight loss of dignity)
 

I urge you to try out this recipe, it's delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for my excessive comments lately, I'm not stalking you :) In fact, maybe a little, because I'm following you now. Went through your blog and saw so many delicious recipes I want to try out (especially the ones with the nuts!)
    Unfortunately I don't have much time to bake. Should definitely make time for it!

    Love,
    Sofie
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it!!! Let me know if you try any sweetie xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...