Monday 11 February 2013

i-scream

My sixth-form is relatively small, meaning three classes of ten in each year, I've been very lucky and for the past two years I have been in a form that all get on really well.
Everybody has been turning the big 1-8 this year and as I.K was the second member of the form to reach this milestone and also kind enough to invite the whole class to her house in Greece this summer, we thought we ought to do something special.







Now, our class have one thing in common, a love of food, most of the other forms have gone out clubbing in the evening for eachother's birthdays, but as you can probably guess, we went out eating.

i-scream is an ice cream shop in Ipswich, basically a kind of "pimp an i-scream sundae". You choose your base (always go for marshmallows), sauce, 3 scoops or more of icecream, whipped cream, sprinkles or nuts and a topping.
It also can be hired for weddings and events and we had seen that they offered a 10 scoop challenge and seeing as I.K is the biggest eater out of all of us, she decided that was what she wanted to do for her birthday.



Next time: 45 scoop sundae



10 scoops complete with toffee and chocolate sauce, whipped cream, strawbs, stars,
 jazzies, jelly beans and turtles.




There are a huge variety of flavours, from bubblegum to tooty fruity to pistachio to rum and raisin, all depending on how mature you're feeling.




I didn't actually have an ice cream this time, last time I came I had marshmallows, raspberry sauce, pistachio, strawberry and crunchy caramel with whipped cream, chopped nuts and strawbs!

 

(For anybody wondering, I.K took an hour to finish, although, after a Nandos, cake and this, throwing up ensued.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh..... I have to move to England! haha sorry for so many comments! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes look divine!!!
    Don't have enough words for the ice cream.
    Marisa.xx
    www.cremaluisa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...