Sunday 17 February 2013

Lazy Sunday

I'm on a bit of a health kick at the moment and am trying to get a bit more into shape before the sun comes out, so no Chocolate Fudge Cake for me.
One of my favourite breakfasts is pancakes, the best pancake being Baconcakes by Rose, while these are absolutely delicious and I could live on these, despite the fact I wouldn't live very long,but they're not exactly healthy.

So let me introduce the two and a half ingredient pancake (fanfare):



The ingredients below make a filling batch of about seven small pancakes.

You will need:
1 ripe banana
2 large free-range eggs
1/8 tsp baking powder



First mash your banana until it's as smooth as can be, mine had a few lumps, nevermind. Then add your eggs and whisk them together.
 
 


Once they are combined, add a small amount of baking powder, this is optional, but personally I like my pancakes fluffy, if you like your pancakes dense, leave it out.




 

 
 
Once everything is combined, heat a greased frying pan and add your batter,
 
 
 
 
Cook on either side until browned, and watch the stack grow!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seeing as they're so healthy you could probably use any topping you like, I love peanut butter and banana, but beware this isn't for banana haters!
 




 
A perfect lazy Sunday morning breakfast, or in my case Brunch!


2 comments:

  1. this is ingenious! i'm definitely trying this asap. thank you for the tip :)
    just found your blog through the londoner's comments section and i am really enjoying it so far. love your honesty when it comes to food & eating!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...