Tuesday 12 February 2013

Make up Bag

My make-up bag is pretty minimal, seeing as I'm at school/college/sixth form, whatever you want to call it, I don't really make an effort, so it's just BB cream and concealer for me on a weekday.


I do realise I am slightly contradicting myself, I relatively recently reviewed Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser and while I think that it is great, I want something lighter for school and work, meet Garnier's BB cream.




I really like this, the thickness of it makes it feel like you're just putting on a moisturiser but with added coverage, I find that I don't really want to overload my skin to much on a regular basis and so this is perfect, I got a shade medium and I'm normally quite pale but I thought this would give me that "healthy glow" and I've had compliments on my skin since using this.


For my concealer I am a big fan of Maybelline's coverstick (similar) in Ivory for any redness or other blemishes and then I use the blogger famous Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer in 2. I have been through numerous tubes of these and I find them to be so great on pesky under eye circles.




















Blusher wise I only have eyes for Coralista by Benefit, it looks great with a tan and instantly brightens.
Benefit's Hoola is my bronzer of choice and I find it to be really natural looking as it has no shimmer, it basically is a really dark powder and the benefit with these Benefit (sorry... accidental!) boxed blushes/bronzers is that they seem to last for forever, so you get your money's worth.

 


I occasionally use eyeliner and I have found the best to be Colorstay eyeliner by Revlon in Brown as it doesn't come off until you want it off.
I also like to "brighten" my eyes using two eyeliners I found while on holiday in Italy by a brand called KIKO, they were so inexpensive and just as I was running out, they opened up a shop in Westfield Stratford, luckily they have now got an online store for the UK, the blue eyeliner is here, shade 809 and I like to put this on the outer corners of my lower lash line. The pearly white eyeliner is this, which I put along my inner lower lash line.

The eyeshadow is by Natural Collection and is in the colour Barley, I couldn't find it online, but they should have it in a local Boots. The gold is really flattering on my green/blue eyes and looks great with a tan and black liquid eyeliner.
 


 After curling my eyelashes I use Estee Lauder's mascara which lengthens and stays put until I want to take it off, which is perfect!

For my lips I just use Benefit's Benetint Lipbalm which I reviewed here in my January Favourites.

2 comments:

  1. lovely! I use Bobbi Browns BB cream, but have been looking for something a little less sheer for days when I'm feeling extra gross. Does Garnier's BB cream last all day?

    thanks a bunch

    yours-truly-ali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali,
      I do think that it lasts all day, but I have relatively dry skin, if you find your make up doesn't stay put you could use a primer, I think laura mercier's is pretty good despite the price xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...