Tuesday 10 September 2013

French Toast Sunday

At the weekend I posted this picture on Instagram, I'd just made breakfast for my boyfriend and was particularly proud of myself.
I usually use Emily's recipe but after several attempts I felt confident enough that I wouldn't muck it up and could switch it up. 


For one person:
2 slices of bread, or 3 small slices
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Toppings galore

Beat some eggs on a plate or  in a wide shallow bowl and add the sugar. 


 Then the milk and vanilla


Lay the slices of bread (works tonnes better with brioche) in the mixture for about 2 mins on each side. 


Whilst they're soaking it all up, bung in the bacon. 


So I may have forgotten to take pictures of the toast cooking. Well done Lottie. 
Basically I heated a large frying pan, with a little butter in it (you may as well go all out) add the bread and turn it over after about 3 mins, making sure it's toasted lightly on each side.


I stacked Josh's onto a plate, draped it with bacon and dotted it with blackberries, we're utterly inundated with blackberries at the moment so they'll be featuring in many a post I expect!




4 comments:

  1. Oooh looks delicious! I know what you mean about using up the blackberries, we have sooo many courgettes in our garden atm, so pretty much every meal involved them hahaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. French toast, maple syrup, and bacon is a sure way into my heart. Also, now that you've gained the confidence, you should try croissant french toast. it.is.life.changing!

    Teffy {Teffys Perks Blog}

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...