Wednesday 4 September 2013

Fish On A Friday

On Friday night I was on my lonesome. Dinner for one, lonely Lottie.
Luckily, mum offered to make it for me, so this is basically her blog post, not mine, I'm just telling you what she did as I followed her about with the camera, it was a good thing I did because it was super tasty!
Plus, it's my first fish post (shock horror)!


For two:
2 perch fillets (she says you could use cod)
6 large tiger prawns
1 lime
3 cloves of garlic
A little olive oil
Salt & pepper

2 corn on the cob

Mince your garlic and pop into a frying pan with a little olive oil.



Take your corn, undress them and get rid of all the leaves and the stringy bits.
You may have to cut them up if they don't fit in your pan, and boil these until they're a rich yellow colour.





 Drizzle 3/4 of each half of the lime over each portion.


Get the pan nice,sizzling and hot.


Then add your fish.
You may have to put this in the oven as well, for about 7 mins, I think my oven runs at about 200 celcius. If you don't have time for that, frying will do!


When the pike is no longer pinky, add the prawns and watch them change colour!


The lady in control!




Plop it all on a plate and tuck in!


Close up..



 I'm so glad it's corn on the cob season, I've missed chomping my way through them, I'm still yet to find an elegant way of eating them though!


Garlic prawns are my favourite!! (One of my many favourites)


3 comments:

  1. I swear, we can cook as much as we like, but Mum's cooking always wins. UNBEATABLE and ohhh so comforting!
    This looks utterly delicious too, liking the use of perch actually as it is so understated!
    Love, love, love fish :)
    Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that looks amazing!! Nothing beats mummy's cooking does it??
    Just had corn on the cob yesterday, and boi it's delicious! and prawns? ongoing love of mine.

    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog }

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appear to have the same frying pan as you do haha! The recipe looks lovely too, how kind of your mum!xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...