Saturday 28 September 2013

Best Ever Brownies (D-F)

I know that I've sung my avocado brownies from every rooftop, and won't shut up about them, but I may have found something better (I have)

A little while ago my mum and I popped over to our friend's for dinner. She cooked us an amazing meal, lamb tagine with apricot and black olive cous cous, I was in absolute heaven.




Then she brought out pudding. Apple Kuchen (oh my goodness!) and brownies.
Now, I've had my fair share of brownies, toffee brownies, peanut & cake batter brownies, oozy brownies, brownies made with avocado, slutty brownies, cakey brownies, raspberry and white chocolate brownies and ooey gooey ones, but this was the best brownie I have ever had.

Just as I thought it couldn't get better, H announced that they were dairy free.



After bugging her daughter for days, E finally gave me the recipe, I tweaked it a bit after doing some googling and calculations (confusing to say the least) so that it only contained dark chocolate (check the allergens to make sure there's no milk!) so there was no way anyone could go wrong with it.

I can't get across how good these are so whack on the oven to 180C


125g dark chocolate
150g prunes, pureed
200g soft light brown sugar
3 egg whites
1tsp vanilla essence
65g plain flour


First weigh and puree your prunes, once they're pureed, have an open mind because they'll taste delicious.





Mix the pureed prunes into the soft brown sugar, the add the vanilla.



Weigh and melt your chocolate,


Then add the prune mixture to the chocolate and stir until smooth and silky.


Finally, sift in the flour, add a few handful of nuts if you wish then pour into a 6inch square tin and bake for 1 hour or until firm to touch.


After you've waited for that cruel hour to pass, whip them out and let them cool in the tray, when they've solidified a little, cut them up and gorge yourself, after that long hour of waiting, you deserve it.





I thought this was especially fitting after the most recent GBBO episode!




I made these for a girlie sleepover with two of my best girlies before we headed off to uni and Ellie headed off to Australia, snuggled in duvets, watching classic films and eating so much we were groaning and holding our tummies!




The prunes in these make these deliciously rich, moist and fudgey, they tick all of my brownie boxes, the only thing they don't do is tap dance!



Just look at Wispy asking..


8 comments:

  1. mmmmm yummy! How cute is your little baby!!!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Wispy! These look absolutely gorgeous! Avocado brownies sounds intriguing too though, I'd like to try :Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - these look absolutely delicious but I have a question; in the pictures you use chocolate, but there is no solid chocolate listed in the ingredients (unless I'm being particularly blonde and just missing it out!). How much solid chocolate do you use? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I edited it and should be correct!!! 125g of dark chocolate should be correct but I'm curious to try dark chocolate with ginger from green and blacks!!
      L xx

      Delete
  4. Yum, Lottie, these look amazing! You mention avocado brownies, that sounds interesting too!

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW
    DF brownies?!?! You are such a domestic goddess, thanks a million Lottie -can't wait to make these beauties asap
    x x x
    {The Lobster & Me}

    ReplyDelete
  6. your the best baker ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Ibbs are going to have a field day!! Dairy Free?! I read a recipe a while ago with prunes- genius!! Emily xx
    My Ginger Bread Journey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...