Tuesday 7 May 2013

AWOL

Okay, so a slap on the hand for me, I know that I've neglected you but not only have I been trying to get my head down and work for my looming exams, I've also fallen ill, feeling like my head is full of cotton wool isn't fun but the batch of freshly baked red velvet brownies are improving my mood, it might be case of hypochondria, but it also could be glandular fever- Which sucks.

To make up for the lack of blog post, I thought I'd share some recent photos with you.

I love polka dots, and after seeing this post by Rose, I thought I'd get some fun jeans, they're super inexpensive (hello there student discount) and they have an elasticated waist, not ideal if you wear shorter tops, but they look nice with a big jumper (plus you can eat as much as you like in them - perfect).


Sadly, one of our dogs passed away, but I took this of Millie on a walk a few days before, she always had a thing for going down holes, but nearly upturned herself this time.


One of my favourite things is sushi and luckily for me, my mum travels to London a lot for work, a few days ago she surprised us buy bringing my sister and I our favourite boxes back from Wasabi. I could live off of these boxes, this veggie one is my favourite of favourites!


 This weekend was so beautiful that J and I went down to Aldeburgh and Thorpness. Thorpness has a huge boating lake with lots of little channels winding off and islands to moor up to. J rowed me around whilst I basked in the sun and pointed where I wanted to go... Sorry J!

 
I have found one of my new favourite recipes on Emily's blog. Her tuna burgers are so tasty, I made them for my family which went down really well, but then the other night I made them for J and I.
My one is the first one, very green because I'm trying to be really healthy then the below (and out of focus) one is J's who didn't have avocado but had sweet chilli instead!
]




We had a local cake sale yesterday to raise money for charity, my offerings consisted of rather rustic jam tarts and carrot cakes but one amazing lady made these:



Aren't they works of art?
She even made the flowers and leaves herself!

 
They were almost too beautiful to eat, but I thought I'd add that my rustic carrot cakes were the first to go (very smug).





7 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your blog and now a new follower...I think you might like mine but that in no way implies a 'follow you, follow me' stand point! Just thought you might like it also!

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wasabi sushi x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your comment on my blog today, thanks so much! Especially for taking the effort to use Google Translate for commenting in Dutch <3

    I fell in love with the cupcakes in this blogpost! And the sushi to be honest... Kinda hooked on both ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if you could make any sense of it! I may have managed to devour several of those, I think I'm kinda hooked on food ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Lottie I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! I know how heart breaking that is :(
    Wasabi looks AMAZING though! They are opening in Leeds soon, exciting stuff!
    Thanks for the burger tag too! I'm glad they worked out well, I've got some more skinny recipes coming up too. I'm with you on clean eating, damn summer beach body!
    Emily xxx
    http://gingerbreadjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Emily!
      I am so envious- you've no idea, their edamame beans are pretty amazing too!
      They've really become one of my stapleseven my hard to please sister devours them, so I'm pretty excited to see the others!x xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...