Saturday 13 June 2015

Jumeirah Hotel & Spa Day 3

On our last full day, we decided to eat ourselves into oblivion.

Starting with the most important meal of the day with a simple but delicious breakfast, all it needed was some marmite...
Jumeriah put on a feast at breakfast every morning in their Cap Roig restaurant, with fruit, pastries and meats in abundance.



 The weather had started to turn slightly cooler so we looked around a tiny little town, which had just a handful of shops so we returned to Port Soller and finally found the restaurant our driver had recommended us on the way to the hotel on the first day, Cava.

 I had a beautiful goat's cheese salad, which was incredible.


With bacon wrapped dates, stuffed with locally grown almonds.


Mum went for a cappers salad.



Which we washed down with cocktails, a suau for mum, a gin and tonic infused with locally grown almonds and oranges,


And a rather lurid looking clover club for me.


Before our meal we went to the spa for some R&R and a massage for her and a mani for me, because we hadn't had more than our fair share already.



Before supper we went to the bar... Again...
Where the ever polite waitress (I am pretty certain she thought we were alcoholics) took it upon herself to conduct a photoshoot whilst we sipped our cava.




 We went to Cap Roig for supper, the other restaurant at the hotel which had more of a Balearic cuisine.

I started with beef tartar, which was amazing.


Mum went for Soller prawn carpaccio with miso dressing and champagne sorbet.


For our main we both had linguini with seafood, which I was terrified I would spill on me seeing as I was wearing all white and that would be just my luck!


The pudding was a big deal.
I wasn't going to have any, my jeans were about to split open as it was, but I asked the waiter which was the best pudding on the menu and he suggested the mango tree.


Mum went for the mango creme brûlée,


But I was pleased as punch with Fransisco's recommendation.
Served to look like a plant pot, under a layer of chocolate 'earth' was the lightest coconut foam, which lay atop a bulb of mango sorbet with a layer of mango and mint mousse with mango chunks in to line the bottom.
It was incredible.


Somehow, I managed to stagger out of the restaurant and we climbed to the top of the hotel, where the main pool was, to chase the last of the sun.



Before heading back to the room for one last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...