Thursday 30 October 2014

The Company Shed

All through my work placement I've had a hankering for seafood, I couldn't get it off my mind, all I could think of was the spaghetti vongole I had in Amsterdam, oysters, crab, pretty much any living thing in the sea, it was bad.

I heard about The Company Shed somewhere online and begged mum and my godmother Jill to come with me as a lunch before I went back to Canterbury for university.

The Company Shed really is a shed on the shore, filled with lino covered tables and chattering people all exclaiming at how fresh and delicious the food is, you bring your own bread and choice of beverage (we opted for rose), grab some plates, a roll of kitchen roll, a table and get stuck in.



We started by ordering copious amounts of oysters, Jill had never tried them but Mum and I love them, especially with Tabasco and lemon.


 "Oysters are only an aphrodisiac because if you can find a girl who'll eat a raw oyster, she'll do anything!"

What a line... Anyway..
We ordered the seafood platter, crab and claws- which you get to nibble and poke out all the meat from, prawns and the biggest, juiciest mussels I have ever seen!







We opted to try some of the hot dishes too, these garlic and parmesan crusted green lip mussels were to die for!
I loved them so much that I scooped out any remnants using my bread as a spoon.


Big, fat scallops, half the size of your fist, seared with thyme butter and bacon, served on a bed of salad and roasted tomatoes.





I thought it best to just let the pictures do the talking today, for what you're getting, it's such good value, I know we are definitely returning to this little gem and we recommend sharing all the dishes, don't be shellfish!

129 Coast Road,
West Mersea,
Colchester
C05 8PA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...