Thursday 16 October 2014

Lunch in the Clouds

As I'm writing this, it seems like an entire lifetime ago that me and Millie, and our mothers flew up to the 40th floor of the Heron Tower in a Charlie and The Chocolate Factory-esque all glass lift, but our meal was just too good not to share.

Our mothers have been such close friends for years, Millie and I went to school together every day too, so it was only natural we would become great friends.
We went to London to see the wedding dress exhibit at the V&A where we chose our future dresses- look out Kate Moss, there are two copycats hot on your tail.




My only job was to find somewhere for lunch, I have a list as long as my arm of places I want to eat, how could I possibly choose?!
Earlier in the summer I went to the Taste Of London food festival, which I went to after speaking to head chef, Dan, due to our D&W reservation being cancelled.

Visiting Duck & Waffle was what we were going to do!


We stared at the menu hungrily, everything was just so enticing... hence the smorgasbord of dishes that are about to follow..

Fillet of beef carpaccio with truffles, foie gras and parmesan started us off, slivers of delicious beef hidden under salty parmesan snow.


Bacon wrapped dates, need I say more? These were one of my favourites.


Scallops from Dorset with elderflower, apple and caviar, light and refreshing after the dates.


Isn't Dan a genius?
Look at this, look at it.
This is the spicy ox cheek doughnut, rolled in paprika sugar..


.. Crammed full of tangy ox cheek and served with sweet apricot jam.


Tempura prawns perhaps? I can't find these on the menu, but these were a tad nondescript.


Millie's choice, smoked mozzarella, served with crunchy crystallised sage leaves and granola, so much more delicious than it sounds.


Foie gras creme brulee, served with lobster and brioche. What a creation!
This was lovely, but ever so rich! We shared between four and that was a struggle!



Then the showstopper, the main event, the big cheese, the restaurant's namesake. The duck and waffle.


Come on, beauty shot..

This is a dish put together by the Gods themselves, sweet and savoury all in one bite, amazing!


Whilst our mothers had coffee, we had pudding.
The waiter warned me against ordering it, but I was defiant, determined to prove him wrong by ordering the spiced tomato sorbet to accompany our shared coconut and raspberry sorbets, which thankfully he put in a separate bowl because it was certainly an acquired taste.







Just look at the views!




After some retail therapy, and some much needed exercise, we went to Madison for mojitos before sleepily getting the train home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...