Tuesday 9 December 2014

Skyfall

On the 11th August 2013, I posted a blog post that I never in a million years thought I would have to write.




The majority of people at university don't know that my sister had a fatal horse riding accident a month before I started at university, it was blasted all over the news and on the Daily Mail site, great, just what we needed.
However, what they might know, is that I am completely petrified of heights, after I cried on Rush and fell over after the Saw ride on a Canterbury Christ Church University Snowsports trip to Thorpe Park.

So, obviously, the most logical thing to do raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, would be to jump out of a plane at 15 000 ft, the highest sky dive in the UK.


The best bit about a 15,000 ft jump out of a plane?
You spend twice as long falling through the air as a 10,000ft jump.

The EAAA do not receive any direct government funding and rely solely on charity donations to raise the needed £7.6 million every year, we owe them for the precious final hours we got to have with my little sister.



On the 30th January of this year, Lucy would be turning 18. To mark this, I will be jumping out of a plane, something that she would find hysterically funny, something that I also find hysterical but mainly out of terror.

Like the last post about my sister, I know that well over 77 000 people worldwide have read my blog and I knew that it would reach a broader audience.

You can donate HERE. I am extremely grateful for any donations, however big or small.

Thank you xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...