Friday 27 June 2014

Taste of London Part 2

We continued our mammoth tasting feast to Club Gason, where we had their icon dish, crispy barbecued foie gras,


 … Just look at that shatter..


This was my first proper time eating fois gras, it wasn't what I had expected, a lot softer, although it was really yummy, I'm still yet to make my mind up about this one, beautifully presented though!

  
Then I demanded yet another coconut stop!


They had several places with lovely fresh coconuts stacked up, say the word and with the swoosh of a big knife the top would be off, straw inside, and you could have your coconut water fix.


Apres coconut, we tried Gordon Ramsey's restaurant Maze, and plumped for the Sezchwan salt and pepper squid, 
 


We agreed that it could use some lime, but that didn't stop Mum smiling!


Okay so, prior to this, I have never liked oysters, there was something so unappealing about the cold, salty slime but my mother and the waitress (turned photographer) took upon themselves to change,


The first one I had plain, which I foolishly decided not to chew once...


… Which, as you can see in the photo below, was a bit of a shock


After a bit of coaxing, the ever so helpful waitress recommended I try one with tabaso,



Plus I chewed!


Such an improvement, and now a converted oyster fan!


After our oyster palava, we ambled through the Thai restaurants, we both found it surprising that none of the foods really appealed to us (probably due to all the food we had been eating all day?), but we did come across a man making vegetable sculptures,



Have you ever seen a more beautiful carrot?!


Our last food stop was to go to Cliveden House, where Andre Garrett had such a delicious pudding in store for us, peanut butter parfait with salted caramel, chocolate and raspberry, 


Holding tightly to our pudding we went to the Shack Revolution, where we grabbed a raspberry mojito, for her, and a apple and ginger vodka collins, for me, and funnily enough we ended up preferring each other's drinks.. 



Which both proved to be a little bit lethal!



 Okay, enough fraternising with cocktails, because this could be one of the best puddings I have ever tasted, it was a bit like a a deconstructed, molten peanut butter and jam sandwich, replacing bread with nuggets of crunchie and popping candy, I mean, just look at the wonder on my face:


We headed home, a coconut in hand for me, a bag of treats for Mum, heavier than we arrived, and slightly merrier.
Taste of London has finished this festival, but there's one from 20th-23rd November HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...