Friday 27 December 2013

Mincemeat Popcorn

Now that I'm back I get to see everyone that I've missed while I've been away, earlier in the week Charlotte and I went to Maisie's for lunch and she pulled out some mince meat popcorn.

Granted, it does sound rather odd at first, but it's so delicious and as I write this I'm snuggling down after all the Christmas activities with a bowl just before I watch Harry Potter (it isn't Christmas without Harry Potter).


You'll need:

Approx 5/6 tbsp plain popping corn
1 tbsp oil (we used sunflower, but you can use any)
At least 2 tbsp mincemeat, enough for everything to be nicely covered

First make your popcorn..


 Being an eager beaver, I opened it up too early and got a face full of flying corn.
Only take the lid off when you can count to three between pops!




Once you've poured your popcorn into a bowl, plop in two or three tablespoonfuls of your mincemeat (we used some homemade one),


.. Then mix together with a spoon, or, like Maisie, with your hands.


Once it's all nicely coated, put it all onto a baking tray, make sure its all nice and flat and even!


Pop in an oven at 180 C for about 10 mins, or so it isn't wet anymore.





Then you're left with spicy, crunchy popcorn with soft and chewy raisins!


If I had found this out before Christmas it would have been perfect to put into little bags and tie with ribbons, but it's going to have to remain a secret until next year!m



3 comments:

  1. Ooo looks so delicious!
    I usually go for plain popcorn with just some salt (boring, I know) but I might have to give this one a go!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given that I have become preetty obsessed with cinnamon popcorn recently this is definitely one i'm going to try for the Harry Potter marathon my brother wants me to watch this weekend! Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite....................looks so yummmy.love to grab all. Restaurants & cafes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...